Saturday, December 27, 2008

Change jar

Just a little project I came up with this weekend - still a work in progress, I think. I was getting irritated with all the change lying around, and had some extra jars from a Christmas project, so I thought I'd pretty one up and use it for change. I happened to find one of my wedding invitations in a box, so I took the vellum/white/silver color scheme and ran with it. The white handmade paper with silver stars was absolutely the BEST to work with for this kind of project - it has a lot of cotton fibers in it, so it's very flexible and just soaks up the Mod Podge.

I also tore a few images off the front of a Christmas card we received - they're very sweet tiny images of kids playing in the snow. I covered the top with the same white/silver paper, adhered a ribbon from Papertrey, and punched a slot in it with my Crop-a-dile. I finished off the whole thing with a top layer of sparkle Mod Podge, to give it some glitter, and some white rick-rack. I might put on some more ribbons if I find something I like, or maybe some pearls.

No comments: