Sunday, March 15, 2009

Concept & Execution

I recently bought this little bag of green and pink buttons - it's been worth its weight in inspiration. I already love the green/pink color combination, and this little bag has so many different sizes and shades and styles of buttons, I can do just about anything with it. So I decided to run with the pink/green theme, and I've been loving glitter lately too, so this is what I came up with.



I actually started out with a completely different glittered focal image - I'll probably still use it on something. I used a really bright pink glitter, though, and it didn't work as well as I'd hoped with the rest of my concept. Once I embossed my top layer with my Swiss Dots folder, and pulled out my PTI Ocean Tides dotted ribbon, I wanted to do something more dainty and feminine than the shocking pink I'd started out with. The pink in the cutout is sponged for a softer look, and I went over the stamped "Create Art" with a glitter pen to make it stand out. The buttons are also stuck on with Stickles glitter glue to give them a little extra sparkle.



After I finished my first concept, I decided to try the same thing as a shaker card. I still think this was a great idea, but the execution was kind of flawed. I was doing great at first - had my dimensional foam set up just right and my window cut out - but rather than setting everything up on the front piece and then having to stick on the base (because you obviously can't turn it over to stick it on, once the shaker space is filled, or glitter will go everywhere), I should have set everything up on the base so I could see where my front was going to end up. So it's kind of crooked... I'll see if I can come up with a fix, though, because I still like it.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I don't think you can tell it is crooked. I think it turned out very nice.