Monday, March 23, 2009

Vintage Bingo Card



I've been inspiration-less lately, but my prize necklace came wrapped around this vintage bingo card. I've seen some really fun stuff done with bingo cards lately, so I thought I'd pull out some of my antique-store finds and play.



I found this purple ink that my sister brought from Paris, and decided to do some dyeing. No particular reason, I just haven't done it before. I diluted it a bit, since I didn't want such a deep color, and dragged some of my vintage hem lining through it. Since the hem lining is so lightweight, it didn't take long at all to dry. I used my newly dyed lavender and some rose-colored lining to make ruffles on the bottom, then covered the middle between them with the end of the lining that I hadn't dyed.



The sweet little girl and boy are from a little picture book that I picked up at Junkadoodle (my favorite junk/antique shop, near where I work), and I glittered the word "BINGO" and added a lace scrap. The antique-y letters are from a grab bag I got at Joann a long time ago, and the vintage velveteen flower is popped up on dimensionals so it stays in shape.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, that is really cool!

Emily T said...

I LOVE the died ribbon. What a cool idea.