Friday, June 24, 2011

CAS Fun with Scoring

CAS - Clean and Simple. It's not something I've ever been very good at. I like my layers and ribbon and embellishments and colors and embossing and die-cutting. From my understanding, CAS is defined as one base layer (usually white), one dominant color, and one embellishment. In this case, I've got my white base layer, my Raspberry Fizz color (with a little black accent), and my glittered score lines.



I think my score board is really what's helped me appreciate the CAS look lately - now that I can do a nice effect quickly with just the base layer, it's easier for me to see how to put everything together without looking too plain. This image is yet another from the Papertrey Anniversary set that I've been using, and the glitter (done with the same tape technique I explained the other day) is Doodlebug Designs "Sugar Coating" glitter in the Cupcake color.

No comments: