Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fun with felt

This stamp/die set is part of the package I ordered a couple of weeks ago from Papertrey, so I wanted to get it out and get it broken in.
The die didn't quite cut through the felt, so I spent a while cutting it through the rest of the way with scissors, and then it ended up being kind of a background element... I think it would have been more worthwhile if I'd used it as a main centerpiece. I do like the effect, though, of the felt "shadow" behind the gingko leaves.

I love the sentiment that comes with this set - "Take a moment to remember how special you are & how lucky the world is to have you in it." I accented the sentiment (and some outlining around the leaves) with a glitter pen.

Something I like about Papertrey is that they frequently include with stamp sets a coordinating "Handmade just for you by:" stamp, which I can put on the back with my signature stamp. That was another I couldn't get a good close-up of (actually, that was because my camera batteries died and I need to go get some more...), but I appreciate the little touch.

Stamps: Papertrey Harvest Berries
Paper: Papertrey Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist
Ink: Palette Umber, Ocean Tides
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Harvest Berries Die, Fine Linen felt, Sakura glitter pen

No comments: