Friday, November 18, 2011

Dilemma

I think we can all agree, it's really entirely too late for me to start making Christmas cards like I usually do.  I've just been too tired to get them started, and seeing some of the cards others are making gets me all intimidated.

But.

Even with my baby-imposed hiatus, sometimes I can't keep myself from getting a little creative. It makes me want to get back to the crafting desk! Case in point, two baby showers this weekend.

I went into my office/crafting room to wrap presents, thinking I wouldn't even make cards, just put tags on the presents.



Well, I got a little carried away.


I ended up basically making the whole thing into a card-front. Apparently my creative juices were thinking differently when I said "simple."

You did hear me say "showerS" up there, right?


I kept going. This cute Martha Stewart wrapping paper (which is part of 4 rolls I bought several years ago when they were on sale - I thought they were too small to be worth more than the $1 apiece I paid for them, but I use them ALL the time for all kinds of fun stuff - I'll be buying more when they run out, even if there's not a sale - well, maybe a coupon) reminded me of hot air balloons, so I wrapped the whole thing in vintage binding tape and die-cut some balloons to stick on. The tag is also a Martha Stewart find (what did I ever do for crafting before she started making stuff?) that I added a tiny die-cut to.

Baby Boy Gift - Stamps: All Booked Up, Fillable Frames #9 - Papertrey Ink; Paper: gift wrap from Paper Affair, Buckaroo Blue (retired) - Stampin' Up; Ink: Versamark, Buckaroo Blue (retired) - Stampin' Up; Accessories: buttons, Fillable Frame #9 coordinating die & Mat Stack 2 coordinating die - Papertrey Ink, Cuttlebug, Ranger Embossing Pearl Silver embossing powder, Fine Linen felt - Papertrey Ink, twine, e2 Daily striped fabric tape


Baby Girl Gift - Paper: Martha Stewart gift wrap, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink, Regal Rose - Stampin' Up; Accessories: Martha Stewart tag, vintage binding tape, Up, Up & Away die - Papertrey Ink

1 comment:

Casey said...

WOW, those are gorgeous! You are so creative I wish I just had a tiny dose of your creativity! Hmm, I wonder what's got you so tired. I can only imagine how tiring carrying twins can be!