Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas Gifts



Finally, my Christmas gifts! I made these great stationery sets for my mom, mother-in-law, and grandma. I got the stationery itself from Papertrey - they offer a great pre-packaged set of writing paper, envelopes, and a tin for seals. It also comes with adhesive labels for the seals, but I preferred to make my own.

My mom's set was built around this coffee mug I found that was so "her". I'd also gotten Stampin' Up's "Tender Toile" stamp set a while back with her in mind - she loves toile. Her set was stamped with Tender Toile and the JustRite stamper in SU's Buckaroo Blue (retired), River Rock (retired), and Palette Burnt Umber.



I think my grandma's set turned out so modern-cool and still classic. This one used all Papertrey materials - Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise cardstock, and Lemon Tart, Pure Poppy, and Noir ink. I used Papertrey's "Remember" stamp set and, again, the JustRite stamper.



For my mother-in-law, I wanted something soft and sweet, to go in the cool box I had for her (I wish I'd gotten a picture of that - it was a neat antique toolbox, painted Tiffany blue). I did a floral theme using my Fancy Pants "Pollen Dust" set - one of my all-occasion favorites - and Papertrey's Spring Moss and Sweet Blush colors.

For the seals for all of them, I ran strips of cardstock through my Xyron to get the adhesive on the back, then cut out scalloped circles with a borrowed set of Nestabilities and stamped "From the desk of XXX" with the JustRite stamper. They were perfect for the little tin!

No comments: