Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michaels/Making Memories

I don't know if y'all have been to Michaels lately (I'm sure none of you go there as obsessively as I do), but they've got the best endcap now of new Making Memories products. There are several new sets of "vintage" findings (buttons, pins, ribbons), and quite a few new kits. Some of the kits are for scrapbooking, but several are tag kits! I'm kind of tempted to buy one to see what-all's in it, because from the description on the back, it seems like they have a TON of different stuff to use in the one little kit. On the other hand, I figure there's probably almost nothing in there that I can't find an equivalent to in my craft room now. Something that amused my inner 12-year-old from the list of items: "stamps" in French is "tampons."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How much where they? You are seriously making me want to get into this stuff more and more. I sold everything and have nothing. Chris would kill me if I started it back up and so would my hands. I quit because they hurt everytime I did it. Argh

Bonnie said...

You know, though, that's the great thing about the kits - you don't have to make a big investment to get into it, just $5/6 whenever you want to play around. I think that's about how much the tag kits were. Of course, there's always the possibility that they'll act like a gateway drug into the bigger stuff, but who knows.

Unknown said...

yeah, so I made one tag and I really enjoyed it. I think it is a gateway!