Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CAS Birthday

Thought I'd do a couple of CAS (Clean And Simple) birthday cards today, to use my cute owl some more, and to use up some scraps from other projects.



The owl and sentiment are stamped with Palette Burnt Umber ink (love my Palette inks!), and the owl is embossed with copper-colored Hidden Color Satin embossing powder. This stuff should probably be the subject of a WEP Award, except that I didn't buy it - someone gave me a set years ago, and it's one of my favorite things that I keep pulling out time and time again. It looks like clear/white embossing powder in the jar, but when you put it on colored ink or colored paper with Versamark and heat it up, it gets this amazing iridescent shine. You can still see the image through it (like clear embossing powder) but the different colors indicated on the lids (copper, gold, purple, red, blue, and green) really pop and look amazing. I tried to set up these cards side by side so that you can see how it looks straight on (on the left) and in the light (on the right) - basic brown at first glance, then a pop of shine!

I added a little strip of patterned paper to the bottom (these were left over from other things - I like to save little bits like this if they're long enough to make a border), and that's all it took for a 5-minute birthday card.

1 comment:

Lindy Thomas said...

Most impressed with your photography!