Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Head Start on Mothers Day

I promised a return to photos and crafts, and so I shall.

This is one of the results of my challenge to myself to use things I already have. I saw this cute template on another blog recently (and discovered that site in the process, which has a ton of cute stuff), and thought it would be fun to make these for part of my Mothers Day gifts this year.



The back compartment of this little organizer box is the perfect size for A2 cards (5.5"x4.25" - the size I always make), so I made some dividers for different types of cards out of coordinating paper. All of the decorative papers I used on this are from a Heidi Grace set I got years ago, and haven't used much of. The cream cardstock used for the base is something I picked up for a project a while back, and still had quite a bit left of.



When I give this as a gift, I'll fill up the back with appropriate cards, put pens in the front pocket, and put a book of stamps in the drawer. I'm trying to decide if I want to add some flowers or buttons or something to spiff it up - I kind of like it as it is, but I'll update with another picture if I decide to add anything.

No comments: