Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Birthdays

I was running low on birthday cards, and thought I'd work on using some of my scraps from other projects. Both of these use scraps from my Fancy Pants 6x6 "it's the little things" pad.


For both cards, I stamped the cherry on the cupcake first, and glittered it using heat-and-stick powder and (appropriately enough) Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coating Cupcake Glitter. Their Sugar Coating glitter works really well - I only have this one color of it, and I've thought about getting a multipack of all the colors, but I can't decide between Doodlebug and Martha Stewart - her glitter multipack is pretty amazing as well, and has larger jars.



I embossed the cupcake base and top on different colors of cardstock, using the same Hidden Color Satin embossing powder that I used on the owls last time - this time I used blue for both colors of cardstock to kind of tie them together, and embossed the sentiment the same way.



This picture came out looking a little greener than it does in real life - it's really more of a khaki-beige cardstock. Anyway - these were fairly quick and simple, once I had the embossing assembly line going, and were a good way to use up some scraps.

No comments: