Friday, March 18, 2011

Inspired Gift Box

One of the images I have up on my inspiration board is a cute pillow box decorated for a baby gift (I think for a gift card). Serendipitously, I found a pillow box template the other day that I must have bought years ago, and I had bought a very small gift for someone, so I thought I'd put it in a pillow box.



The patterned paper is a last little scrap left over from some Sassafras Lass paper that I LOVE - I think I've stretched the one or two sheets I originally had into more projects than you'd think would be possible. I cut a few inches to wrap around the box (box itself is some old SU! cardstock - I don't even remember the color name), then trimmed the edge to frame the front.

I added some Prima flowers and buttons from my stash (and a bigger button tied with twine), then made a little tag with a Papertrey die, added an old SU! flower rub-on, and tied it around with twine as well. I have to say, I love kraft paper and plain brown twine - you can use them on almost anything, for a little bit of a rustic feel.

I'm so glad I found my template set - all kinds of cute templates in different sizes for gift boxes and favor boxes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Satsuuuuumaaaa.

-A