Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More of my new stuff

I made this card using elements from another 6x6 pad by Fancy Pants (a company I LOVE, and don't understand why more stores don't carry it) called "it's the little things." This is one of those sets that's so pretty, and I have so many ideas for every paper in it, that I hate to actually use it. But that kind of mentality gets us crafters into trouble! (That's actually a topic of my next post - using your stash instead of buying new stuff... but I thought that'd be a little bit of a strange topic to combine with pictures of a card I made with new stuff...)



I layered two of the papers from the paper pad onto cardstock from my stash (see, I did use stuff I already had instead of buying new), embossing the birds paper with a handwriting-looking embossing folder for a little texture.



The birdcage and "live laugh love" are both rub-ons from set that coordinates with the paper (which is where my one gripe comes in on this set - the little wooden rub-on stick was stuck to the back of the rub-on sheet, so I lost several images that were stuck to it) - if I had it to do over again, I'd move the "live laugh love" down a little bit, because I didn't plan well enough for the brads.

I added a little pink glitter to the birdcage, and punched out the sentiment to add to a die-cut mat. I love the corduroy brad in the middle - it's such a neat texture! This card is really all about the textures.

No comments: