Monday, March 28, 2011

Spree

I went on a retreat this weekend, and I'm not going to lie - a big part of why I was excited and looking forward to this retreat was that it was in the same town as my favorite scrapbooking store. The town doesn't have much else BESIDES the scrapbooking store, but it's huge and amazing. So I've been saving up my spending money for a little shopping spree during free time.

Sure enough - the friend who went with me said I was like a kid in a candy store, running around throwing things in my basket. I was so excited, because my plan was to grab everything I really liked, then have them ring it up and take off whatever I needed to in order to meet my budget. She rang up everything, and it came to exactly $.02 over what was in my pocket. Awesome!

So of course, I was itching to get home and make some cards - the ones I've made so far turned out so cute!



The only stamp I got this weekend was this little owl - I think he's so cute! He fits perfectly in my bookplate die from Papertrey. I was really excited to find sheets of very thin wood - one of the technique focuses on a blog I read last week was using wood for stamping. This wood was really thin, no thicker than a sheet of cardstock (they had thin and thick sheets available - I got a thicker one, too, to try using an embossing folder on), and I think it makes a great focal point for this card. The ink did bleed just a bit, so I decided to outline the image with white pen to make it a little sharper.



I had my sewing machine set up for something else, so I thought it'd be fun to stitch the layers - it's a little more subtle than I intended, because I had off-white thread in the machine instead of white, but I like the effect. All of the papers here are from a little 6x6 Basic Grey paper pad I picked up - it's the "Hello Luscious" line and has so many gorgeous papers and coordinating embellishments. That's something I love about this store (The Crafty Scrapper) - they have all of my favorite brands and all of the coordinating embellishments.

Tomorrow I'll post a card I made with the other set of papers/embellishments I got - they're really lovely.

No comments: