Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Goodnight Moon

I'd had my eye on this very sweet stamp set (Flourishes' Rock A Bye Baby) for a while, after seeing it on one of my favorite stamping blogs, Running With Scissors. The images are SO sweet. So when I saw that it had gone on sale for $5 (a last-chance sale, so they don't even carry it any more), I jumped on it.



For a couple of different reasons, I haven't been stamping a ton lately, and haven't been wanting to get out a lot of different inks and papers and whatnot. But since I have this new set, I thought I'd use my scrap bag to paper-piece an Artist Trading Card. Usually I do these for swaps, but this time I just wanted to play with the image a little bit without the context of a whole big card. I cut out the 2.5"x3.5" ATC background, then stamped the image on the background and each color paper I wanted to piece. I cut out each different section from the various colors and patterns, did a little pencil coloring, and put them all together with some Stickles stars.



I have this great little ATC label to put on the back - unfortunately, it's really a little small for fitting my big handwriting in, but I can at least sign and date them, and put any other info I might want to add for a swap.

No comments: