Friday, September 26, 2008

Mad rush

Sorry I don't have a card to share today - I actually made a ton yesterday, but it wasn't under the best of circumstances. See, I'd promised someone I'd make a bunch of stuff for them, and completely forgot that they needed it first thing today. Till I went into my office around 10 last night to work on another card I'd promised someone today. So when I realized it was mass-production time, I buckled down and ran through them, without taking pictures. Some of what I was working on is actually a few posts down - the purple and blue tags. I had to alter the designs a little bit to fit text and because one of my cutting systems was acting up, and I had to recruit my husband to help with adhering things together, but I got it done.

I wish I'd gotten a picture of the other card I made, which was a really quick thing (actually made it in 5 minutes this morning before I left), but turned out looking really elegant. It was a wedding card, and I just did a basic white base, with a black layer and then a white layer on top - the white layer was textured with the Cuttlebug, and I put a punched-out sentiment on it over a black velvet ribbon. I used my favorite "Textile" Cuttlebug folder, which always looks really classy, and I think that and the velvet ribbon made it look really polished, even for such a quick card.

No comments: