Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Odds & Ends & Beginnings

I have yet to hook up the card reader to get photos of what I worked on this weekend, but I have some bits and pieces of other projects that I've taken with the other camera. This is one of 30 tags in two styles that I'm making for my aunt - she's selling some items at a craft fair (and taking some of my stock), and wanted nice little tags for them. This one has the flourish from SU's "Priceless" set (one of my favorite go-tos - classic, versatile images) stamped in Aqua Mist ink on Aqua Mist cardstock (both from Papertrey), then the butterfly from Priceless stamped straight onto the cardstock and also in Aqua Mist on white and cut out - that gives it some nice depth. The flower is one of my little Primas with a clear plastic dewdrop in the middle. It is a little small... for the actual text, I may print it on a larger piece of printer paper and fold it to put it on the back.

This is the other tag I'm making - it's an embossed flourish from Fancy Pants's "Pollen Dust" set on Papertrey's Lavender Moon cardstock. I die cut the scalloped ovals with my Nestabilities - the larger one is Papertrey's Plum Pudding. It's a very simple design, and I think it will work well for putting text on the back.

This is my favorite ongoing project - I brought bagels in to work one day, and had the brilliant idea of making the Einstein Bros. box into a haunted house for Halloween, to hold fun seasonal goodies. I painted the box black, and right now I'm working on the roof. It needs to be removable, so that you can get to the stuff inside, but I want it to look good. I painted a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard purple, and I still have plans to dress it up a little more - you can still see some black under the purple from when I was using the piece as a painting mat. I love the little windows - I have this great gold translucent paper that I love using for windows, because it looks so warm, like you're looking in on a room full of candlelight. These little glittery stickers from Martha Stewart's craft line work really well for the windows, too. I'm probably going to end up using them all over the house - I have a set of birds and trees, and a set of witches and cats. I'll show more as I get more done.

This is a little sneak peek of my Christmas cards - to be honest, I haven't even halfway finished designing them yet, but I like what I have so far. Papertrey released a holiday addition to their Boards and Beams set, and already I love how wonderfully the snow fits on to the house. It looks so good embossed in white! I can't wait to get more of it finished.

No comments: