Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shower card

I needed a wedding shower gift today, so I thought it'd be a great opportunity to use my new monogram stamper, and the wedding colors are purple and bronze, so I got to use Basic Grey's new "Eva" paper as well. I picked up a 6x6 pack of it last time I was at Scrap Barn. I usually get 12x12 packs at Hobby Lobby, but Scrap Barn had the 6x6, and I do like using that size when it's available because they scale down the patterns - perfect for cards! For cardstock here, I used Papertrey's Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, and Spring Moss, on a base of Stampin' Up! kraft cardstock. I like using kraft as a base (although I think I'm going to order a new pack from Papertrey once my current one runs out - their cardstock is quite a bit stiffer and heavier, and feels like better quality) - it's neutral and a little rustic, but still looks very put-together and sophisticated.

My Coluzzle circle template works well with the JustRite stamper - although if I come across a 1 3/4" circle punch, I'll probably pick it up just to make things a little easier. The Coluzzle is really nice for layers, though. I thought the dotted border for the monogram was a nice modern touch, and echoes the repetition of the crosses in the Basic Grey design.

The finished product - didn't take long at all, but I love how polished the different layers and Cuttlebug embossing make it look.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is gorgeous!

Bonnie said...

Thanks! Are you feeling ok today?

Jenny said...

I love it! You are the card queen : )