Monday, October 27, 2008

Homey owl

I wanted to make something a little different and special for my mom's birthday, so I made a Joy Fold Card. I think these are such a nice use of pretty coordinating paper, because you can use quite a few different designs on the various pieces, and none of them really get hidden (like they sometimes do when I'm putting a lot of layers on a standard A2 card). These Cosmo Cricket papers make me think of my mom, because they're so warm and homey, like fabrics you would use in a quilt. They're perfect for this time of year, too, because they make you think of hot cocoa and a warm blanket in front of the fire.

It's been too long since I've used my favorite PaperTrey Wise Owl set, so I had to use it here. The quarter-circle I used to hold the flap closed is actually something I started making for the aborted wedding card I started earlier in the weekend - it's a Stampin' Up! rub-on on PTI Dark Chocolate cardstock, and I distressed it a bit with Ranger Distress Ink (I don't remember which color) so it wouldn't be such a bright white.

1 comment:

house on hill road said...

that little owl is darling!