Thursday, October 23, 2008

Work in progress

So this is where everything stands right now - boxes, boxes, and more boxes. All of my books (20ish boxes) ended up in my study, and all of my craft boxes, and all of my study furniture. I'm working through the books to get them all catalogued before we get bookshelves, so I can use Delicious Library to tell me where everything needs to go.








I figured instead of trying to box up my drawer-unit full of tiny things, I'd wrap it in the movers' plastic wrap - it worked pretty well, except when I tilted it backwards and lost a bunch of little plastic things.



This drawer unit and ribbon box got moved pretty much as-is... I keep my ribbon spools on rods hung in the box, and all of the smaller pieces just go in the bottom. Easy move! I picked up the top fabric box at Container Store for my 8 1/2" x 11" paper.









Isn't this a great little Reisenthal box? Once I get everything set up, I'm probably going to keep it on my desk to hold all of those little things that I like to have at hand and that don't fit in my craft tote - adhesives, button jars, stuff like that.


The view from the doorway - see my great windows? I get such wonderful light in here. You can also see the card spinner (well, sort of spinner... it's more of a stand. I haven't figured out how to make it spin yet, if it does) my sister got me for Christmas. Very cool! I'm going to get another desk - glass tabletop and trestle legs - from IKEA, and put it on the right, making an L with the current one. That way I'll have plenty of workspace for my stamping and my quilting, and a permanent spot for my sewing machine.


How cute is this guy, peeking out from behind the door? This is such a great bag - I carry all my various "stuff" to work in it - lunches, books, cards to put in my for-sale box, stuff like that. Thanks, Emily!

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh boy, I do not envy that at all...I know all to well the pain of moving and "making it all fit" into the next place! LOL Boxes boxes everywhere!