Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Getting Started on the Holidays

So I picked up the Martha Stewart Holiday magazine today at Barnes & Noble, and I'm totally inspired. It's full of stuff I feel like I could actually do, stuff that's fresher than the old pinecone-birdfeeder crafts. So I got started on a Christmas gift that I thought of yesterday when I picked up some new JustRite borders with my garage sale credit. The borders read "From the Library of:", "From the Kitchen of:", and "From the Desk of:".

I also got inspired today while I was playing working with the big industrial Xyron at work... I had been trying to think of something big to get with the rest of my credit, and went over to the store to see the little Xyrons. Turns out they weren't even really that expensive, so I got one, and made these bookplates tonight. I think I'm going to do writing paper as well... it'll make a nice little gift set!

Materials: Lemon Tart cardstock, Pure Poppy ink, Palette noir ink, Remember stamp set (all Papertrey); Versamark, Stampin' Up! silver embossing powder, heat gun, Xyron create-a-sticker

(I'm going to start adding this "Materials" section to all my posts, because even though I try to mention everything within the post, I frequently forget, like I did this time, and end up overlooking mentioning something like Remember, which is the one flower set I'd have if I could only have one flower set.)

No comments: